Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My NDP song for 2010

I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, I think I'm feeling a bit disappointed. At least I tried submitting a song for next year's National Day Parade celebrations. I'll probably keep trying again for subsequent years. There may be people who scoff at NDP songwriters, but I think there's an art to it worth looking into/at.

Since it's rejected, I feel it's time to share it on my blog (see left, titled "Chasing Dreams NDP2010 demo") and on my MySpace.com website (here).

Here are the lyrics to the song entitled "Chasing Dreams". The music is exactly the same as a previous song of the same name. I replaced the lyrics of the song with a bunch of Singapore-loving words.

Chasing Dreams by Sam

We walk down the road
We go straight that way
And we know it will be winding

When trouble's ahead
Or right here today
It will be us who do the changing

We're different but we relate
We're stars and crescent on red

Hey it's here where we will stay
It's here where will be
Where we're chasing dreams yeah
It's here where we can play
It's here where grass is green
Where we're chasing dreams yeah

We're friends in this place
We're family here
We are one when we chase our dreams
Some call it a space
It's home to us here
It is always more than it seems

We're different but we relate
We're stars and crescent on red

Hey it's here where we will stay
It's here where will be
Where we're chasing dreams yeah
It's here where we can play
It's here where grass is green
Where we're chasing dreams yeah

We're different but we relate
We're stars and crescent on red

Hey it's here where we will stay
It's here where will be
Where we're chasing dreams yeah
It's here where we can play
It's here where grass is green
Where we're chasing dreams yeah

1 comment:

QinZe said...

Can i know where u send ur ndp song to ? thanks my band intends to send our copy too.