Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No to Rape

I would say yes to many things. If I want to say no to something, I will probably not say it. This world is too negative.

I think the law should protect consent and the current penal code does not do that. It ignores consent on the part of gay Singaporeans, but forgets to honour the consent within marriage. Marriage can be grounds for defense against rape, and that is only for the moment. I really wonder how that is ever justifiable. The government spends so much money scouting for talent, paying for scholarships, nurturing bright and capable persons, just so that we can have marital rape legal. We are not only negative, but blind. Fear not, just open your eyes and say no to marital rape.

http://www.notorape.com/blog/2009/11/01/new-film-ad-lets-get-heard/

No comments: