Saturday, April 25, 2009

To be a better man: To be like Thio Su Mien

I'm trying to make it light-hearted here. Please do not take this post seriously (I hope you understand "do not" and "take this post seriously"). Again, the death threats are uncalled for and should be condemned. Amidst all the confusion and anger, we need a song to, once again, tide us through.

The following song is a tribute to Dr Thio Su Mien, the "feminist mentor". It is sung in the tune of Robbie Williams' 'Better man'. I think the new exco can sing this song at the extraordinary general meeting as a sign of solidarity and tribute.

Songs will help us be more calm and relaxed. With that established, we can have dialogue and start listening to one another.

Since AWARE has been battered left, right, centre, it could do with a rejuvenating theme song!

Verse:
Send someone to guide me,
I need to have your charm,
Mother of Li-Ann.
It's "Mien" not "Mein".

Give us endless power.
Lord we'll win the poll.
Seventy-one years old,
You mentor fine.

Chorus:
As Josie Lau gets the blame,
We will grow through this pain.
Lord I'm doing all I can
To be like Thio Su Mien.

Verse:
Go easy on my conscience,
Cause its not my fault.
I know I've been taught
To shift the blame.

Mentor us like young girls,
Who've got careers.
Drive fags out of here,
And the Lez-bee-yans!

Chorus:
As Jenica gets the blame,
We will grow through this pain.
Lord I'm doing all I can
To be like Thio Su Mien.

Bridge:
Once we get more voters,
We win this round!
We don't make a sound...
We can not be found...

I know we have taken Aware this round!
Shut the homos down!!!

Verse:
Send someone to guide me
To hijack Aware.
Make it like we're there
To restore its name.

Give me endless pointers.
We'll do what we are told.
Mentor is so bold.
It's not 'hate crime'.

Chorus:
As we're bold, feel no shame.
Call press con, and smear its name.
Lord I'm doing all I can
To be like Thio Su Mien!

3 comments:

Weiye said...

Nice song!

Ovidia said...

HaHa--love your song!

G. said...

I love this.
:D